Culture
The first day was all sight seeing, today is about culture. Nick and I went to the British Museum first today, and walked in a few rooms. Cool! Realizing that i had forgotten my SD card for the camera, BOO! We left to buy one over towards Picadilly Circus(shopping district of sorts). It only cost 14 pounds so that was fine and off we were to the museaum checking out what pillaged goods the Britons have, most notably from Greece Persia and Egypt. Egyptology is really good here. I have to say Greek art and sculpture was my favorite section, though.
From there we grabbed some food and went over to the wax museum Madam Tussaud's. That was really a fun thing to do, There was this one wax of a lady taking a picture. It took everyone off guard, everyone thought they were walking in a lady's way of taking photos. :) I got a picture with my girl Kiera Knightley! I only wish it was Jessica Alba. :-P
But the real jewel of the day was seeing Phantom of the Opera in Her Majesty's Theatre in London. The play was done very well, the theater itself was beautiful. Walking out of the theater into a city as scenic as London is certainly part of the charm of the experience. Of course, its well lit and the crowds are dense now but it is still kind of like going back in time. Both Nick and I were really happy with it. I think either of us would have traded the other for a nice lady to walk with considering the romance of the city, especially after Phantom. But sharing that ambiance with a good friend albeit sans romance/lovely lady is still my idea of a good time. :-P
Im sure this will be my favorite memory of London.
Sorry, no pictures past the poor ones inside the theater, busy taking in the experience.
From there we grabbed some food and went over to the wax museum Madam Tussaud's. That was really a fun thing to do, There was this one wax of a lady taking a picture. It took everyone off guard, everyone thought they were walking in a lady's way of taking photos. :) I got a picture with my girl Kiera Knightley! I only wish it was Jessica Alba. :-P
But the real jewel of the day was seeing Phantom of the Opera in Her Majesty's Theatre in London. The play was done very well, the theater itself was beautiful. Walking out of the theater into a city as scenic as London is certainly part of the charm of the experience. Of course, its well lit and the crowds are dense now but it is still kind of like going back in time. Both Nick and I were really happy with it. I think either of us would have traded the other for a nice lady to walk with considering the romance of the city, especially after Phantom. But sharing that ambiance with a good friend albeit sans romance/lovely lady is still my idea of a good time. :-P
Im sure this will be my favorite memory of London.
Sorry, no pictures past the poor ones inside the theater, busy taking in the experience.

2 Comments:
Phantom of the Opera, I'm officially jealous. Thanx for the descriptives, I felt as if I was there enjoying the event myself. And next time, you take me, and I make sure we find a couple of lovely ladies to share it with. lol
hahahaha, yeah, is that one of the things you wish you weren't with your best GUY friend with?? lol
Post a Comment
<< Home