Saturday, January 05, 2008

Almost Over

Met up with Nick yesterday, good thing he's willing to pay extra for wifi services haha. He got my messages and we met up early yesterday and went across to the Guinness and Jameson Factories. It was kinda strange to have a pint at 10AM but it is Dublin after all :-P The Jameson place was pretty neat because the tour is guided. Nick got to be a taste tester for the different Whiskey types. They gave all sorts of different brands and asked to put your favorite up front, Nick chose the Jack Daniels, there was literal Danny fist pumping action haha. We had a good time.

Last night we went out to Gogerty's, which is a really good pub down in Temple Bar district. The live music was awesome, check out some of it on Nick's Ringo. My picasa is full so I cant upload video, just a few more pics. I might have to give in to the ringo monstrosity :-P. Nothing against ringo but I dont like the interface. Anyhow, drinks are silly expensive in Dublin! more so than london! We paid nearly 6 euro(Thats like 9-10 dollars!!) per pint! The cheapest place in town was 5 euro per pint. Needless to say we didnt over drink. But I had a good time singing along to 'Fiddler's Green', 'Belle of Belfast', Molly Malone etc. Thats the craic!

Well, the trip is almost over, and Ive had a great time, but I'm ready to go back. I dunno how to get a hold of ppl at the airport though. I lost my cell phone when i came into Dublin airport. The airport is the worst place to lose a cell. with the security checkpoints and all you cant retrace your steps to find it. :-( Oh well, Its not a big deal i guess. Just takes a bit to get the replacement. and i have to renew Tmobile probably.

--UPDATE: Found the phone, fell out of my jacket behind the bed in my room. So its just been under my clothes. :-) yay, that makes things much easier!

2 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Want to see something incredibly funny? Buy Nick a pint and ask him to tune a cello. Worth every bit of those euros!

January 12, 2008 4:07 AM  
Blogger APS Jimmy!!! said...

You're about to let 2009 go by without one single post!!!! Say something!!!

December 29, 2009 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home